07 June 2009

my sweet little smock

oh my curious bees, i am happy! i made the sweetest thing for my sweet little god-daughter who just turned 3. although i am late (a hazard of living so far away) i know she will just adore this princess art smock with matching crown.


i have many thanks to offer for the success of this gem...

first amy karol and her amazing book, 'bend the rules sewing' which gave me the pattern for the smock. also her blog archive for inspiration for the matching head piece. although i used her pattern for the smock and pocket, i had to carve my own path on the finishing because i had no binding tape. so i used some wide, pink, lace that my dear friend chase gifted me for the edging and made my own ties out of pink teddy bear fabric, also used for the pocket. the lavender fabric also came from chase as a hand-me-down. as for the princess crown, not easily shown here, i simply stitched some decorative trim that came from my aunt (who recently sent me in a giant hat box filled with goodies!) to the pink lace.

i owe all of these ladies many thanks for keeping the projects rolling! i would also like to thank the ever so full moon for giving me an excess amount of creative energy. (i heart full moons. so beautiful.) and of course, my dear friends jodi and matt for having such an amazing little girl to make things for.

i am so happy when projects come together so well.

yeah for happiness!

1 comment: