27 March 2009

the lovely pause

so it has been a pause between blogs. trust me-it was for a lovely cause. My dearest husband and I celebrated our ONE YEAR anniversary this past weekend (the 22nd) and shared an overnight retreat in San Francisco. I will spare you the naughty details and just say that we had a wonderful time with a romantic Italian dinner in north beach and a superb breakfast in bed. We followed up our stay with a movie marathon at home the next day and of course ate the traditional year old wedding cake from the freezer. YummY. No, not really. but we survived the stomach ache... we later turned the cover of our anniversary memory book into a much more WE inspired memento. super fun...

The book tells you both the traditional and modern gifts for each anniversary and has a place to jot down a memory and a separate page for a picture. This year's traditional gift was paper. I love it! How vagueand imaginative
(cheap too)! You could get anything from movie tickets to hand made goodness! Of course we chose the latter. He made me a sweet handmade card and I made him a good ol' cootie catcher. Classic. If he chose the penguin or the bee (our personal iconography that even acted as a cake topper for the wedding...) then he got the anniversary message.

The remaining symbols were our cats, a tiki, a skull, a gnome and a ram. Underneath was mostly jokes or household sayings. Very fun. He was surprised and even a little bummed he did not think of it. His card was too cute though and I loveloveLOVE it.

Here's to love and life! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment