01 July 2009

projects & happenings

it's been a minute (try millions of minutes) since i last posted. things have been happening! too many to account for here so in an attempt to summarize i will focus on the art and the projects.
  • new web commission for the talented Oliverio Quezada, a ceramic artist here in the Bay.
  • hubby had his master's thesis solo-exhibition. we had just over 100 guests! incredible turn out with a ton of warm fuzzies, delicious food, and wonderful-wonderful people.
  • thanks to my sister, the etsy shop has had a few sales from my collection. the seal, a bird and a mushroom! i am so happy the seal remains in the family.
  • new mini paintings/necklace charms are in the works -sorry no photos yet-
  • inspired to add some pizazz to my outfit i made a lovely hair clip that is now my new obsession. tonight at stitch and bitch i had two commissions!

The black and white was my flare the other night at the opening for Phil's show. The orange and blue gem is going to Chase by personal request. The smaller black with red center is a bonus one made tonight. Now I need to make the other one requested by a fellow S&B gal and a billion more to sell on etsy.

Also in the works, I am going to make several cowl-neck scarfs out of this luxurious, hand dyed, bamboo yarn from Chase. It came directly from her former co-workers at Art Fibers. It will be modeled after a lovely light blue one I made this winter and I hope to make enough for a pre-fall sale late this summer.

Oh goodie-back to work!
With everything going on I was beginning to wonder if I would ever have time again! Seriously though, making things keeps me sane. I am sure many of you would agree.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment