12 February 2010

the bedroom...

no this is not a naughty post about nuptial bliss...rather, i am obsessing over redoing the bedroom in light of our new mattress! oh how i love an excuse to re-design a space! so-here's my plan...

phase one: a floating shelf for above the bed
this shelf, from Ikea is a mere $20 and the perfect size. i will brave ikea sometime soon...
-this will solve the issue of no longer having room for an end table since we upgraded mattress sizes and double as one less surface the cats can reach to knock things over in the middle of the night! I am thinking books, reading lights, and a space for our glasses..maybe a a small piece of artwork.

phase two: DIY 'headboard'

I love Martha's take on a headboard, hanging a rug behind the bed. I was torn between this a a salvaged door, but since our room is suuuuper tiny, I am going for a scroll of fabric behind the bed and saving my salvaged door dreams for the future.

I set a $15 budget on fabric and will buy a dowel to attach it to. i have so much to do for the craft show next month, but this may squeeze itself in for a weekend project!!

phase 3: platform storage bedframe!!

I have always wanted a low platform bed with drawers. I love the sleek modern style, but more so the storage. cats that love to hide under the bed + under the bed storage boxes = tons of cat fur and dust underneath, which is so difficult to clean! this would make no room for cats and make cleaning easier, which would make me a very happy woman.

I found this for $215, which is such a great price.

and for some additional cuteness, i am going to hang pictures by cloths-pins along the top of the drop ceiling. i cannot wait to post some before and after pictures...stay tuned...i have a feeling this is going to transpire rather quickly! in fact...i'm headed to beverly's to get my fabric! maybe even order the platform tonight! i love love love when heavy inspiration comes along. x

2 comments: