02 February 2010

happy one year anniversary blog


Has it really been a whole year since I dove into this blog?!?! I am still amazed that it's February, let alone 2010, let alone a year with this blog! So of course I am reflecting on what I have accomplished since then as I began writing about art and my post graduation procrastination. I admit that tons of wonderful creations have happened, although not in the ways that I expected-life never really works that way. Expectations never pan out the way the mind's eye envisions it.

But despite not having a new series to sit back and revel in (sarcasm), I am proud of is that I managed to make make make. That little sewing machine of mine enabled me to work in a small space and kept me connected to my creative process. Thanks little guy!

Of course I am also proud to have created a business with the hubby and craft shows with the ladies...events that led me to feeling inspired and stressed out, but oh so satisfied, because the alternative would waste my flavor. (the alternative being a job that leaves me uninspired)

With all that has transpired I am thankful, yet still hopeful that I will get back to painting. I have had some great ideas, none of which flourished past my sketchbook or my mind, such as the photos I was thinking of making and many others. The next phase is to do, because as my friend Lea said, " art is not a noun-it's a verb". That should not be too difficult with another craft show on the horizon;) deadlines make us move I tell you!

I am so sincerely grateful to have a great network of friends and family that support me and keep me inspired and that is enough because I am happy. this year has been productive and challenging and I could never do it alone. i have come to realize that community is life and art is living. wishing you all creative days-xo

1 comment:

  1. i think we both blogged about our machines...on the same day. i "postdated" a few blogs that i had written earlier that week...and the machine was one of those. funny love. -jodi

    ReplyDelete