16 February 2010

phase two-compromising the vision

i am a very flexible person when it comes to doing what ends up being practical versus completely annoying in order to achieve my goals. that is why when I end up at Ikea on President's Day, when everyone else seems to be using their day off for the same type of errand, I just *sigh* and do what ever I can to not have to return any time soon.

I checked online for my little shelf, which clearly stated that the color and size I wanted was in stock at my local store. Alas, twas not so. So after guiding myself through the enormous maze that is Ikea, proud that I managed to navigate so well between large families bouncing around on beds and couples debating over scented candles, I made my way to the self-serve furniture bins and stood there before the empty slots with a blank stare. I paced back and forth, trying to rationalize painting a bright yellow one in the right size or getting 3 small shelves in white, paying $10 more than my budget, but achieving the desired width. I continued pacing and staring, until I decided to get 2 white ones, losing the space, keeping within budget and getting the hell out of Ikea.
It turns out that his and hers shelves is rather nice despite missing the extra space in between...


No comments:

Post a Comment