01 February 2009

Curiouser and Curiouser

Hello world! I am now officially committed to telling the world my thoughts. So let me just start this blog off by saying what it is. I make art, I work with art, I am just plain fascinated by art-especially when I don't like it. Since I graduated last year I have found myself in, what I am now referring to as, a post graduation procrastination period. There are many excuses and conditions that exist for my procrastination. The usual suspects; work, laundry, work...and I no longer have a studio. The thing is, I also just find myself curious about where I will take my next series of artwork. So for the past 7 months I have reorganized what little space I do have to work in and have been active with my relationship to the art world, artist friends and my sketches, but mostly...I have been writing. I have found it to be a great way to summarize all of my pondering and eventually (maybe soon!) I plan to turn it all into a visual language that feels honest. Art education has a way of making you forget why you are an artist. Working makes you remember that making art is just as important as laundry-it's essential! So what this blog becomes for me is an outlet to ponder aloud, rather silently, the various creative endeavors that cross my path, my mind, or just what I am up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment