02 February 2009

o fortuna

at some point this afternoon, somewhere between watching the tiniest birds flutter in the trees above me and gazing at archaic looking, profoundly beautiful, ceramic sculpture, i found myself thanking my lucky stars for this life. my work day was filled with so much enjoyment that i had to stop. look. and for a moment just be with that feeling-which i believe was the feeling of true satisfaction.

quite simply, my job (working as an assistant to an amazing pair of local Bay Area artists) is the perfect next step to my career. it allows me to do what i love (look at and talk about inspiring art with other artists) and what i am naturally good at (keep things harmonious/organized) simultaneously. which is truly ideal for an aspiring artist because being around successful artists that are so genuine (and humble) keeps me motivated and hopeful.

upon returning home from work I received a phone call that was surprising, yet so very welcome, and only added to my elatedness. I was asked by none other than Ms. Lea Redmond to help her at The World's Smallest Postal Service for the Valentine's Day rush. She is an artist that I had recently come to know by the chance that I should apply for the job she was leaving in order to give her art business her full attention. Since I did not get the job (I was a close second:) she thought of me when she decided to hire some extra, artistically inclined, hands. honored indeed.

my fortune cookie read:
"you will meet an important person that will help you advance professionally"
my second fortune cookie read:
"some think you are handsome. others do not."
in any case, I say:
o fortuna fortuna, your capriciousness is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment