24 February 2009

to bee or not to bee

as i left work today, i discovered a giant bumble bee on the floor. it was beautiful, yet it a bit scary looking because it was so ginormous! that got me thinking about my art process and how beign creative is a beautiful thing, yet so scary sometimes. i have been VERY resistant since my inspiring moment...although truthfully this is the first time i have had time to think about it.

it has been haunting my dreams, which have been full of highly imaginative objects, people, even artwork. Last night there was a man whom I was mixing tempera paint for. He was painting a large ghostly image of a woman's face that appeared under an umbrella like shape. when i asked him who the woman was he said there was no woman and insisted that I was making it up. perhaps i was...perhaps i should!

so my creative procrastinations have lead me to baking once again.
in fact, i think the cookies are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment